Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. considers our relationship with our customers as one of our most valuable assets. We are committed to protecting the privacy of all the individuals we deal with. This statement sets out our policies on collecting and handling personal information for Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. (A.B.N. 71 620 088 726) and its Australian related companies. We recommend that you keep this information for future reference.
Your personal information
Personal information held by Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. may include your name, date of birth, current and previous addresses, telephone number/mobile phone number, e-mail address, bank account or credit card details, occupation and driver’s licence number and the business details of customers and suppliers and their dealings with Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd.
How we collect information
Personal information is collected by Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. to enable us to provide you with the products and services you have requested and to assist us improve our products and services. If you choose not to provide personal information, we may not be able to provide you with the products and services you require, or a high level of service.
Personal information may be collected directly from you such as through an application (including submitted online, by email, by mail, by phone or by fax) for products or services, and may be collected indirectly from you such as through monitoring your usage of products and services (e.g. the collection of information of your usage of our website including through cookies), or from third parties such as our related companies, credit reporting agencies, or your representatives.
How we use your personal information
- verify your identity;
- to allow us to identify our customers via usernames and passwords and to interpret customers’ pre-stored attributes and parameters for using features and functions of the Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. websites;
- assist you to subscribe to our services;
- provide the products and services you require;
- administer and manage those products and services, including charging, billing and collecting debts;
- inform you of ways the products and services provided to you could be improved;
- conduct appropriate checks for credit-worthiness and for fraud;
- market, research and develop our products and services;
- gain an understanding of your needs in order for us to provide you with a better service; and
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems.
Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. provides products and services via our website. When you visit our site, our web servers record anonymous information such as the time, date and URL of the request. This information assists us to improve the structure of our websites and monitor their performance.
In some cases, cookies may collect and store personal information about you. Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. extends the same privacy protection to your personal information, whether gathered via cookies or from other sources. Most internet browsers are pre-set to accept cookies, however you can adjust your Internet browser to disable cookies or to warn you when cookies are being used. However, if you disable cookies, you may not be able to access certain areas of our websites or take advantage of the improved website experience that cookies offer.
Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. also collects Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are assigned to computers on the internet to uniquely identify them within the global network. Intrix Cyber Security Pty. Ltd. collects and manages IP addresses as part of the service of providing a monitoring service and for security purposes.
Your personal information is also collected to promote and market other services which we consider may be of interest to you. If you do not wish to contact you regarding other services please call 1300 931 727, or unsubscribe through our website at https://intrix.com.au
When we disclose your personal information
- customer enquiries;
- mailing systems;
- billing and debt-recovery functions;
- information technology services;
- marketing, telemarketing and sales services;
- market research; and
- website usage analysis.
- your authorised representatives or legal advisers (when requested by you to do so);
- credit-reporting and fraud-checking agencies;
- credit providers (for credit related purposes such as creditworthiness, credit rating, credit provision and financing);
- our professional advisers, including our accountants, auditors and lawyers;
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law;
- organisations who manage our business and corporate strategies, including those involved in a transfer/sale of all or part of our assets or business (including accounts and trade receivables) and those involved in managing our corporate risk and funding functions (e.g. securitisation).
Help us to ensure we hold accurate information
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information; and
- keep us up to date with changes to personal information such as your name or address, by contacting us (see “How to contact us” below).